It looks like my blog is back up! I had to do a little yelling at my host. Thanks to Kendra for letting me know about it.
So… Paranormal experiences. Yup, I’ve had ‘em. I have no idea why spirits might still be here. But I also believe that we don’t know everything, and we’re not meant to. A long time ago, I stopped saying, “it’s not possible.” Here, I’ll list ‘em for you:
- 4 years old – Stormy night, and I can’t sleep. I’ve ever liked thunder, still don’t, and so I was still awake. I started hearing voices. A LOT of them – all kinds, kids, women, men, and scary voices too. All of them were saying my name over and over, but not at the same time like a rhythm, so it was just a cacophony. Then, as the lightning flashed I kept seeing shadows on the wall. But they were changing. So instead of say, tree branches that would essentially stay the same, or move a little due to wind, it was all kinds of different patterns every lightning flash. I started screaming, and dad came and put me in their bed. They said it was a nightmare due to the storm and dismissed it. I say I never went to sleep. I can still remember audibly and visually that experience, so I say it was real.
- 17 years old, summer – My great-grandmother Addie, 90, lived next door. She got stomach cancer. Literally from date of diagnosis to death it was 10 days. My mom, dad, and I took turns in 24 hour shifts to care for her. Keep her comfortable, proper morphine control, bathroom trips and the like. When she passed, I was not there, although every single other member of the family was. I just had finished one of my 24 hour shifts, and mom had sent me home (next door.) I walked in the door, and mom called and said grandma was gone. Later that year, after the start of school – so probably, about 2 months later. I had vocabulary homework. I pulled out the dictionary, paused, decided not to do my homework, and put it back. Grandma’s picture promptly came off the wall and fell on my head. I did my homework.
- Now – My house has lots and lots of noises. Some of them I discount if the cats aren’t right there with me, ’cause frankly, they get into lots of mischief. Some are startling and nerve-wracking ’cause my bedroom is a huge room, with a stepdown into our office. That stepdown was an addition to the house, and was never insulated. So we here really loud cracks and pops from that half of the room. Every once in a while the pops will go in a circle around the ceiling and around the walls. You can follow the noises.
- Now – Once, I was sitting at my computer in the office. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a boy come down the step and head towards my husband’s computer. He was the size of Logan, with his dark blonde colored hair. He was wearing a blue t-shirt, so I looked up to holler at him, because it was past his bedtime, and there was no one there.
- Now – I recently recorded a video for a private collab thing I participate in. During the time that I was recording, it was late at night. Around midnight or so. I try not to stay up that late on weeknights, but I needed the quiet to record, and so I had waited for the kids to go to bed, and for Poe to go to work. Towards the end of the video I started to get really, really uncomfortable, and started looking all around, but saw nothing. All kinds of noises started up. Finally I felt a wave of energy push me from behind. At that point, I just stopped what I was doing and went to bed.
So. Do I believe in the paranormal? Yes, but I don’t have any answers as to the whys or hows. Do I have proof? No, just my personal experiences. Do you believe? Do you have a good story to tell?